Thursday, October 09, 2008

Awful culinary experience in Canberra

Looking around for good food in Canberra is definitely not worth the time or effort. I went there on a 3 days 3 night trip via work and the restaurants I had my lunches were awful and bad customer services.

The 1st one that I went to was a French restaurant called "Ardeche". The first complain that I have is my Appetiser Dish; Escargots. What is wrong with this dish?!!! There is a freaking piece of plastic in the sauce section!!



Since I didn't eat the sauce, being nice, I did not sent back the dish or throw a hissy fit. I did mentioned the "extra ingredient" in the dish to the nice young waiter. Next came my mains; a salty stewed beef and fries...

Side track abit; I've got a question...

When you decide to ask a question, you would expect an honest answer of either Agree or Disagree, don't you??
A useful hint to the mature waiter/ who might be the manager or the owner of that restaurant: If you don't like to hear a disagree answer; please don't ask...

The guy behind the counter (circled in blue) has the most awful attitude of a waiter and should be sack for his behaviour. He came up to me after lunch and asked how was the meal? The beef stewed that I had was salty and I replied that the beef was too salty for me. The waiter had the nerve to look at me in disbelieve and replied "Hmm Salty!?" and he walked away.

What Nerve!!??!! If you expect people to praise your food, make sure it has it's basic of flavour = tasty and clean = free from foreign object, to be praise-able!! If you expect compliments; Please expect Criticism as well!!


The next restaurant that I went to the following afternoon was at Tosolini's, an Italian restaurant. The service was awful, you need to stare at the waiters, before one of them is "forced" to come and take your order. Then he returns to tell you that the drink you ordered from the menu is out of stock, which was fine, just ordered another drink then. About 20 minutes later, my food arrived but my drink didn't. I need to stare the second time at the waiters walking passed to ask for my drink.
*Note: hand gestures can't be seen or notice by them either.

What surprised me was the portion size they served; Bocelli, Scuzzi or Caffe Buongiorno even Cafe Primo in Adelaide served larger portions (entree size) for the priced that I paid. Well, at least the pasta tasted good, the side vege that I ordered was nice and crunchy as well.



*Note: At least I didn't have to pay for my meals; the company paid for it... That is the silver lining of my bad experience during lunch in Canberra.

No comments: