Wednesday, October 22, 2008

My birthday dinner at Bar & Grill

If you want a good hearty and comfort meal without overeating and walking out with your tummy bulging out; This is the place to go..

Place: 176 Bar & Grill
Time: 7:30pm, 10th Sept (had to celebrate earlier because E is having his wisdom teeth extracted a few day before my actual birthday, he he won't he able to chew properly)
Occasion: My birthday

My housemates: E & K















First let us cheers to my another year older self!!

The appetiser to share; their 176 Tapas plate

The side dishes we had: Salad, Fries & cooked greens
*note: I didn't order the salad, too much onions = bad breathe and lots of gas ... hahaha
The sides are quite yummy; rockets, pears and cheese + onions do make a nice refreshing salad. The fries are the type that I like, slim, crispy and salty enough. The cooked greens (roasted/steamed/pan fried??) are fresh and crispy as well.

All three of us ordered from their 176 Specialty Steak menu; I had the 176 Mignon (1st pic), but I can't remember what E and K had. Might be a porterhouse and rib/chop... hahaha
There is always a decision to have your steak cooked medium rare, medium or well done. For this place, medium rare would be a better choice. BUT if you are similar to E, who don't like the sight of blood, medium/medium well for the steak. The more thoroughly cooked the meat is, the tougher and less juicy it's gonna be.

Dessert wasn't eye catching enough, then again maybe cus I am a selective dessert eater =P

ooooo Before I end this entry, please remember that the traffic light next to this restaurant has speeding cameras on all sides. It was like having a huge rave party where lights are flashing at that junction on this rainy night.. It is $200 per click for speeding over 10km/hr, so please remember Peacock Road is 50km/hr only, not 60km/hr like the normal roads outside city.

No comments: