Sunday, October 05, 2008

Buenos Aires Brasserie

It was a quiet Tuesday night when pigeon and I popped our heads into Buenos Aires Brasserie. It is an Argentinian restaurant, but was "sentirsi a casa" very Italian-ish feels at home. The waitresses were friendly and one of them gave an aura like one of those friendly chubby Italian mother who welcomes you to their home...

We went into full on Argentinian mode: Argentinian red wine and Argentinian beer. We had olives at the side.











For mains; we ordered Sarzuela for two. It was a selection of seafood; mussels, cockles, squids, octopus, crabs, prawns and fish

What we didn't know was that this dish came along with sides vegetables and baked potatoes (very crispy on the outside and soft on the inside)


*Because we didn't know vegetables was included, we ordered a salad to share; major oops!!


By the time we finished the food, I neither sit properly nor walk. It was very filling, BUT my sugary tooth got the better of me, and hence we ordered a creme brulee to share =P

The chef offered us complimentary Argentinian coffee or tea to us. I was so tempted to try but we really couldn't eat anymore so we politely rejected... sigh... wished they could give a IOU...

I really liked this place; friendly staff and very nice hearty food. Pity J didn't liked it when she went there... Must go again!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ya, dunno what happen. which day did u go?
mine didnt look like that. he he he. those looks nice from ur photos.

Unknown said...

mmm it looks yummy!!
Right now I'm in Argentina, today we did a few Buenos Aires tours, but I think tomorro I'd prefer to spend the whole day eating =)
I have to try every kind of argetinian food as I can! Any suggestions?