Sunday, July 20, 2008

Nostalgic

When I was young, listening to Frank Sinatra/ Teresa Teng... etc are always refered as oldies. Now that I'm heading to late twenties music from New Kids on the Block/ Duran Duran are sort of "Oldies" to me, although they are classified as music from the 80s.

Over the whole of last week I've been driving to a friend's place (about 9/10 ish) while listening to the radio. Especially over the weekends, the radio stations tends to put clubbing music and I don't even know half the music that they played. For the ones I knew, it certainly brought back memories.

Music like Sandstorm & Feel the Beat by Darude (seen him performing live in Flux), Rapture by Iio & much much more (can't think of anything else off my head) really brings back memories of me getting ready to go clubbing at J's place; putting on make up, dressing up, look for shoes, find a designated driver (ya right!), speed to the club, speed back home. The flirting/ pulled away/ running away from strangers; The bum into friends and hugs & kisses.

My memories in clubbing; dropping ice down ppl's top; I poured my drink on some idiot's face; eating at mamak after clubbing while a few bunch of wolves stared on; the smell of smoke after clubbing; my 1st ciggy.... good old memories..

Now everything changed so much back home. The names of the clubs have changed, the scene at the club has changed and new clubs popped up. Clubbing used to be bumping into friends and see old rich ahpek trying to pick younger gals; Now it seem to be flooded with young hooligans out to "eat tofu" and chicks who randomly pick a "fight" at other gals (the way they dance/dressed etc)... tsktsk.... Most clubs used to play techno/trance/ house music and now they are flooded with hiphop/ rap music

I must be getting old and out of the scene...

No comments: