Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Porriage...

How do you normally eat porriage??

Pigeon and I grew up eating different type of porriage. At home, I grew up eating porriage the same way I eat rice, while pigeon grew up eating porriage that had meat already mixed togather, the type that you can buy from the hawker stalls. When it comes to home dinner, we came up with/ calling it "back home porriage"(mixed) and "Taiwan porriage"(with side dishes)


My sudden depart from Adelaide to Taiwan; the story begins...

The first meal I had when I went back Taiwan was porriage, in a Taiwanese porriage restaurant called "No Name". You start lining up from the entrance and choose the dishes that you want to eat.



These were the dishes that aunt, sis and I ordered. The white porriage and sweet potato porriage are freeflow, so you can keep eating until your heart content.

From top left: seaweed, vege, salted egg, pig ears, smelly tofu (wet), oysters and fried strips made from flour (:P). There are alot more choices at the bain marie.



(TADA!!) This is porriage "Taiwan style"... hehehehe

No comments: