Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Escargot Hunting Round 1

I have been on a hunting spree to find good escargot dish in Adelaide.

My first stop: La Guillotine along Gouger Street. Let the eating begin with a glass of wine and Champagne.










Moving on to the appetiser: I ordered the escargots and pigeon ordered the prawns. Both had a similar garlic based but with slight different in taste. The escargots that I had was different from the ones I had from back home; probably I'm not used to this kind of cooking style on my escargots, didn't really like it =)










A little palate rinse with a berry sorbet before the mains are served. We ordered some vegetables at the side. It was a mush of onions, tomatoes, carrots ... etc Quite tasty!










For mains, Pigeon ordered the seafood dish and I ordered the goose. I can't remember the name for these dishes but If you look at the 1st picture you'll be able to know what the names are (provided you understand french =P)










What is left after mains?? Shells. A bowl of water was provided to wash the fingers (licking good)










Dessert: Crepes and Creme brulee.... SLURP!!!











PS: Based on Escargot hunt: Me not satisfied with the dish....and the hunt carries on!!!

No comments: