Sunday, December 03, 2006

House warming

Preparation for my housewarming "party" on the 24th November 2006 (Friday).
So what is on the menu??? (*note: potluck style)

I'd realised that I actually didn't do any cooking =P ... Food was cooked by my dearest ...What was I doing??? hhmmmm I was buzying cleaning my living room and hiding my junk (from the living room ) into the spare room's cupboard... Hey, I had to go get ingredients for the food, beer and ice... =P teeheehee

The main dish prepared at my place was crabs!! and mango pudding...
Well, I bought the mangoes from the market.... and gelatin... and sugar....hhmm what else?
As for the crabs..
First, I need to go catch the crabs....

Well, with a net in my hands and chicken carcass with bits of flesh sticking on it as bait, it's off crabbing I go...
Where? Semaphore Jetty...




It's 2:30am, lack of sleep, low on sugar, shaky hands, therefore shaky picture!!!

Well so far 3 crabs were caught and counting!!
Reached home about 4:30am.. yawn....













Had to kill the crabs myself.... Quite quite easy....
1st: poke a chopstick right between the tummy and the tip of the butt flap.
2nd: open the flap, and peel open the whole head shell
3rd: remove the unnecessary organs
4th: chop off the pincers and the crab into twos
Not a bad harvest... Took about 2 and a half hours to catch 13 crabs..... COOL!!!
As you can see, all the crabs caught are blue swimmers...
Soft texture..... pity isn't soft shell..=P










Potluck style: so what do we have???
1. Black pepper crabs *muakz*
2. Chilli crabs *muakz*
3. TomYum meehoon *Thank: J and PY*
4. Roast chicken wings *Thank: J and C*
5. Chicken fried with black fungus *Thank: D and ZY*
6. Mango pudding *muakz*
Drinks:
1. Beer *Huggies*
2. Sangria *Thank: Jand C*
3. Coke (regular and diet) *Thank: D and ZY*
After dinner, chit chat and played charades... So was it a success??hmmm... I guess it was... haha fun enjoyable, and dishes were nearly finished......
* Thanks everyone for coming!! Hope you all had a great time!!!

No comments: